SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation … it is the “science” of getting your website to rank higher in search results (e.g. Google) than your competitors’ sites.

Why should I SEO my website?

If you want your website to come up on the first page of Google instead of on the 30th page then SEO is very important.

The unfortunate truth is that if you don’t SEO your website, the probability of a potential customer coming across your website in Google’s search results is almost zero.

When people search for something (e.g. “landscaping sydney”) about 90% of people will only look at the websites that appear on the first page of Google’s results. The other 10% will also look on the second page if they haven’t found what they’re looking for on the first page. But very, very few people will ever look on the 3rd page.

Isn’t adding a few “keywords” to my website enough?

Google uses a secret formula to determine the order in which it will list websites when someone searches for something. Experts estimate that the formula has about 200 different variables, so getting your website onto that first page of results takes a bit more than adding a keyword to your website.

Beating your competition

Remember that most of your competitors have a website and they also want it to appear on the first page of the search results. There’s a high probability that the businesses that currently appear on the first page have had their websites SEOed. So if you want your website to outrank their sites then you need to SEO your website better than they’ve SEOed their websites.

How difficult it will be to rank on the first page of Google will depend on the size and type of industry that you’re competing in. Some industries are very competitive and it’s almost impossible to get onto that first page. Whereas other sectors can be relatively simple, provided you know what you’re doing.

We can give you an expert opinion about how difficult it’ll be to get your website to rank highly in search results, so that you can have realistic expectations and can adjust your online marketing strategy to suit.


SEO in Murwillumbah, Tweed, Gold Coast, Sydney … Anywhere!

We’re based in Murwillumbah in NSW’s Northern Rivers District (Tweed Heads region), just 30 minutes south of the Gold Coast, however many of our clients are in Sydney, Melbourne and London. So it doesn’t matter where you live because we can do all the Search Engine Optimisation over the internet.